Replacing your windshield wipers always seems like the last item on the to-do list, but fresh wiper blades are essential to good rainy-day visibility while driving. It’s easy and cheap to replace those wipers – why not take a few minutes to follow these steps and make your vehicle safer?
- Use your owner’s manual or look online to identify the correct replacement wipers.You’ll need to know the year, model, and make of your vehicle to ensure you get blades that fit.
- Purchase the blades from an auto parts store.Any respectable auto parts store should also have an in-store guide for different wiper brands according to vehicle make, model, and year.
- Lift the old wipers away from the windshield.They should fold out so they’re perpendicular to the glass.
- Press the small button as you pull the old wiper blades down, toward the glass.Removing the blade this way is a bit counter-intuitive – it seems like you should pull up, but these blades are attached via hook so you’ll need to unhook them.
- Attach the new blades by pulling them up, onto the arm.You’ll need to slide the blade onto the arm first, then pull up firmly to hook it in place. It’s just the opposite of the previous step.
- Test your new wipers.Use some windshield washer fluid so you don’t get that awful squeaking noise.
And that’s it! Enjoy your wiper-fresh car and come to American Car Center for a huge selection of recent model, low-mileage vehicles with windshield wipers included!
Tax Season is finally here and American Car Center dealerships are loaded with brand new inventory of recent model, low mileage vehicles. Every vehicle comes with a limited warranty, plus oil changes for 3 years in our program. Working with people with past credit problems is our focus and passion. At American Car Center, your job is your credit. Call, click, or come see us today!!!
Welcome existing and future customers to American Car Center’s new website and blog. Our intention for this blog is to keep you posted on all new and exciting things we have to offer. For starters, our new Pelham, Alabama location just opened and is loaded with low mileage, recent model inventory for you to drive away in today. The Pelham, Alabama dealership is located at 3296 Pelham Parkway and can be reached at 205-378-4200. No credit, problem credit, repos or bankruptcies in your past??? No problem — go check out their amazing inventory and get approved today at American Car Center in Pelham!!!